I just followed these instructions (Link) to get AWS CloudWatch installed on my EC2 instance.
- I updated my repositories: sudo yum update -y
- I installed the awslogs package: sudo yum install -y awslogs
- I edited the /etc/awslogs/awscli.conf, confirming that my AZ is us-west-2b on the EC2 page
- I left the default condiguration of the /etc/awslogs/awslogs.conf file as is, confirming that the default path indeed has logs being written to it
- I checked the /var/log/awslogs.log file and it is repeatedly showing the error:
EndpointConnectionError: Could not connect to the endpoint URL: “https://logs.us-west-2b.amazonaws.com/”
- I do not see any newly created log group and log stream in the CloudWatch console as expected. What am I missing here?
Should I be pointing at some other endpoint other than https://logs.us-west-2b.amazonaws.com/ ? If so, where is that configured?
Thanks in advance,
The awscli.conf expects the region and not the AZ.
Specify the region as us-west-2.
Here is the documentation from the reference page
Edit the /etc/awslogs/awscli.conf file and in the [default] section, specify the region where you want to view log data and add your credentials.
region = us-east-1
EndpointConnectionError: Could not connect to the endpoint URL: "https://logs.us-west-2b.amazonaws.com/"
could be attributed to wrong specification of region.
The correct endpoint for the cloudwatch logs service in US-WEST-2 is
Please refer to the following documentation for aws service endpoints