I created a s3 bucket using console, while configuration I removed the default selected user. Now when I am trying to delete the bucket using console it says access denied.
I understand I should have removed the user. However when I click on bucket name in permission it show owner: myUserName and bucket policy: no
How can I delete it?
As I understand there is owner but there is no permission to owner as I removed it while configuration.
You can try this in 2 ways:
First(Recommended): Delete the bucket policy and delete the bucket.
Second: Follow these steps
- Create a new Bucket(Do not change anything, keep default).
- Go to S3 console where all buckets are listed.
- Select newly created bucket.
- Click on permissions.
- Copy the account id under owner access section.
- Go to permissions of old bucket.
- Add account using the copied account id.
- Now try deleting it.