I’d like to use Ruby 2.0 on Amazon OpsWorks, so I’m trying the following:
- Choose custom cookbooks and set them to my fork of https://github.com/aws/opsworks-cookbooks
- Update all version numbers here https://github.com/aws/opsworks-cookbooks/blob/master/ruby/attributes/ruby.rb to 2.0 values.
This doesn’t seem to have any effect, though.
- Do custom cookbooks override their built in counterparts?
- Does OpsWorks use the Ruby recipe from the cookbook for basic Ruby setup?
- The same question applies to Nginx too – can I control versions and settings by changing my fork for the cookbooks?
OpsWorks now fully supports Ruby 2.0, in Layer settings you can specify the version of Rails, Bundler and Rubygems.